Instructions for 2017 and 2018 License Renewal
Online renewal is now available. Emails were sent to all individual and corporate licensees with your user id and password. If you cannot find the email you may want to check your spam. If you still cannot locate the email go to myaccount.nciclb.org. Enter your individual license number for the user name and then click on Forgot Your Password. A temporary password will be emailed to you. If you have a corporate license you will have to log in separately by entering your corporate license number as your user name and Forgot Your Password if you do not have the one given to you by the Board. Once you have logged in to your account you may change your password. You can make your passwords the same for both your individual and your corporate account.
Please be aware that you will not be able to renew your corporate license if the individual listed as the qualifier has not already renewed their individual license.
In order to renew your individual license you must record your continuing education first. You may note that there is a button that says “upload documents”. It is not required to upload your proof of attendance in order to renew your license, but you may choose to take that additional step to prepare yourself in the event you are chosen for the audit. If you upload your documents in advance you will have already completed the continuing education audit requirements.
All licenses issued by the Board expire December 31st of each year.
The Board recommends that you renew electronically as described above. This process will not only help to streamline the renewal process, but is also a step towards “going green”. There are also many benefits for the licensee; the ability to record continuing education credits as soon as the credits are earned, the ability to renew your license anytime of the education year as long as you have completed the continuing education requirement, no postage, no filling out forms, a permanent record of your continuing education and the ability to update your own contact information.
For those of you who are unable to renew electronically, paper forms are available below. Renewal forms sent by US Mail must be postmarked by December 31 in order to avoid paying a late fee. Email or fax is also available if paying by credit card. Late renewals are required to submit proof of attendance forms.
License renewal requirements can be found under North Carolina General Statute § 89G-9.
2017 Individual License Renewal Form
2017 Corporate License Renewal Form
2017 License Reinstatement Renewal Form
2018 Individual License Renewal Form
2018 Corporate License Renewal Form
2018 Continuing Education Reporting Form
IF YOU ARE RENEWING LATE FOR YOUR 2017 IRRIGATION LICENSE
If you have not renewed your irrigation license(s), for 2017 but have completed the required continuing education during 2016, you have until December 31, 2017 to renew. Follow these steps:
- Print the 2017 individual renewal form and 2017 corporate renewal form if applicable. You may complete the forms manually or you may type into the form while on the website and then print the form for mailing.
- You must include proof of attendance for all of the credits earned in 2016.
- Payment for renewal may be made by check or credit card, Visa and MasterCard only. All fees may be combined on one check and should be made out to NCICLB. If paying by credit card you may submit your renewal by email or fax.
- Payment must include the $100 renewal fee, per license, and $50.00 late fee, per license.
- You must stamp the individual renewal form in the bottom right corner with your self-inking or embossing seal. If using an embossing seal, be sure that the imprint is clear enough to read. All licensees are required to have an individual seal per General Statute §89 G, and were required to buy the seal through the Board in order to be licensed. If you have lost your seal, include an additional $40.00 with your renewal paperwork and the Board will order a new seal for you. Please indicate on the bottom of your individual renewal form if you prefer self-inking or embossing. If there is no indication, the Board will automatically order a self-inking stamp.
If you have not renewed for 2017, but completed all of your continuing education between January 1 and March 1, 2017, follow the same steps as above except print the 2017 reinstatement renewal form and submit an additional $250 reinstatement fee.
Wallet size renewal license cards will be mailed within 30 days of receipt of renewal. Also enclosed will be a vehicle decal and order form so that you may buy additional decals for each work vehicle. It is suggested by the Board that all work vehicles have a decal indicating they are a licensed irrigation contractor or are being supervised by a licensed irrigation contractor.
If you did not earn the required continuing education for the 2017 renewal your only option for licensing is to sit for the exam.
Notice of Penalty for Submittal of Bad Check:
Any person, firm or corporation submitting a check to the Board that is subsequently returned because of insufficient funds will be charged a penalty fee of $25.00 for processing the check. Any license that has been issued based upon the payment of a check that is subsequently returned to the Board for insufficient funds will be declared invalid until such time as the payer has made the check good and paid the prescribed penalty fee.
In order to complete the renewal process, two separate payments must be made. One for the renewal payment and one for the penalty fee, both in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the NCICLB.