Instructions for 2017 License Renewal
Online renewal is now available. Emails were sent to all individual and corporate licensees with your user id and password. If you cannot find the email you may want to check your spam. If you still cannot locate the email go to www.nciclb.org and use your individual license number as your user id and then click on Forgot Your Password. A temporary password will be emailed to you and you may then log in to your account. If you have a corporate license you will have to log in separately using your corporate license number as your user id. Once you have logged in to your accounts you may change your password. You may make your passwords the same for both your individual and your corporate account.
Please be aware that you will not be able to renew your corporate license if the individual listed as the qualifier has not already renewed their individual license.
In order to renew your individual license you must record your continuing education first. You may note that there is a button that says “upload documents”. It is not required to upload your proof of attendance in order to renew your license but you may choose to take that additional step to prepare yourself in case you are chosen for the audit. If you upload your documents in advance you will have already completed the continuing education audit requirements.
All licenses issued by the Board expire December 31st of each year.
The Board recommends that you renew electronically as described above as the paper option will not be available next year but if you prefer to manually renew your license(s) for 2017, below are the instructions and forms. Renewal forms must be sent by US Mail and postmarked by December 31, email or fax if paying by credit card.
License renewal requirements can be found under North Carolina General Statute § 89G-9.
IF YOU STILL HAVE NOT RENEWED YOUR 2016 IRRIGATION LICENSE
If you have not renewed for 2016 but completed all of your continuing education during 2015, you have until December 31, 2016 to renew. Follow these steps:
- Click the following links to print the 2016 renewal form and continuing education reporting form. If you are renewing both your individual and corporate license you will need to print two renewal forms. You may complete the forms manually or you may type into the form while on the website and then print the form for mailing.
- You must include proof of attendance for each course you have reported on your continuing education reporting form.
- Payment for renewal may be made by check or credit card, Visa and MasterCard only. If you pay by credit card you may submit your renewal by email or fax.
- Payment must include the $100 renewal fee, per license and $50.00 late fee, per license.
- Payments for individual and corporate licenses may be combined into one check and the check should be made out to NCICLB.
- You must stamp the individual renewal form in the bottom right corner with your self-inking or embossing seal. If using an embossing seal, be sure that the imprint is clear enough to read. All licensees are required to have an individual seal per General Statute §89 G, and were required to buy the seal through the Board in order to be licensed. If you have lost your seal, include an additional $40.00 with your renewal paperwork and the Board will order a new seal for you. Please indicate on the bottom of your individual renewal form if you prefer self-inking or embossing. If there is no indication, the Board will automatically order a self-inking.
If you have not renewed for 2016 but completed all of your continuing education between January 1 and March 1, 2016 follow the same steps as above except click the following link to print the renewal reinstatement form and you must include an additional $250 reinstatement fee.
Wallet size renewal license cards will be mailed within 30 days of receipt of renewal. Also enclosed will be a vehicle decal and order form so that you may buy additional decals for each work vehicle. It is suggested by the Board that all work vehicles have a decal indicating they are a licensed irrigation contractor or are being supervised by a licensed irrigation contractor.
If you did not earn the required continuing education for the 2016 renewal your only option for licensing is to sit for the exam.
Notice of Penalty for Submittal of Bad Check:
Any person, firm or corporation submitting a check to the Board that is subsequently returned because of insufficient funds will be charged a penalty fee of $25.00 for processing the check. Any license that has been issued based upon the payment of a check that is subsequently returned to the Board for insufficient funds will be declared invalid until such time as the payer has made the check good and paid the prescribed penalty fee.
In order to complete the renewal process, two separate payments must be made. One for the renewal payment and one for the penalty fee, both in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the NCICLB.