Search Site Pages

My Account Login


Application for Irrigation Contractor License – this is the application you must complete in order to sit for the Irrigation Licensing Exam, apply for licensure by reciprocity or apply for licensure through CIC certification.
Application for Corporate Irrigation Contractor License – this application should be completed after passing the exam, if your company is a corporation, LLC or partnership and will be contracting or advertising irrigation.
Application Update for Irrigation Contractor License – this application should be completed when it has been over a year since you originally filled out your application and you remain unlicensed.
Client Verification Form – Part of the exam application process is to prove three years of irrigation experience.  A minimum of three client verifications are required, or may be combined with an employer verification.  You may NOT use a relative or an individual that is also providing a confidential reference.
Employer Verification Form –  may be used in place of, or in combination with the client verification, as needed to prove three years of irrigation experience.
Confidential Reference Information Form – As part of the exam application process,  three confidential references are required.  At least one of the three must be completed by one of the following licensed professionals:  Irrigation Contractor, General Contractor, Plumber, Landscape Architect, Professional Engineer.  The other two references should be completed by someone unrelated that will vouch for your character.  This individual must not be a fellow employee, your employer or an individual that has provided a client verification.
Surety Bond Form – in order to complete the licensing process once you have passed the exam, you are required to obtain a $10,000 surety bond or a $10,000 irrevocable letter of credit from a bank.  The surety bond must be completed by a bonding company and the ORIGINAL Bond must be returned to the Board’s office along with the Power of Attorney which is provided by the bonding company.  There are two types of bond forms and their descriptions below:

  • Individual Bond Form is for those individuals that are sole proprietors or individuals that are contracting irrigation in their own name with no business entity affiliation.
  • Business Entity Bond Form is for those individuals affiliated with a Business Entity (corporation, LLC or partnership).  The owner of the business may choose to have the licensed employee(s) obtain their own surety bond.  In this case the name of the business entity is required to be listed on the bond along with the individual licensees names. In most instances, the business entity will obtain the bond and list all of their licensed employees on one bond.  In this case, all licensees covered on the bond must have their name listed AND they are each required to sign the bond.  The owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the business entity must also sign the bond form.   With the second option the owner of the business may add and omit names on this bond when they have employment changes.  The bonding will simply send the Board a rider anytime a change occurs. If a licensee employed by a business entity chooses to contract irrigation on his own time, in addition to the work they do for the business entity, they are required to purchase the Individual Bond Form to cover them for any personal liability.

There are many advantages to having a license in the name of your business entity, including:

  • Advertising that the business entity is licensed
  • Having the business entity listed on the Board website
  • Engaging in the practice of irrigation construction or irrigation contracting under the direct supervision of an individual licensed by the Board

Sample individual bond form
Sample business entity bond form
Hard-Copy Complaint Form
Decal Order Form

For renewal instructions and renewal forms click here.

© 2011 NCICLB. All rights reserved. Website by vitalink®.